We are currently creating a brand new suite of training videos in order to better explain various aspects of the software. These are guided recordings of how the different areas of the software can best be used, and are designed to be used either on their own, or in conjunction with the help topic files listed with each video below. The file sizes of the recordings are too large to upload to the website, however these are available to download on request.
Available Cadfil training videos
- CTV001 - Hoop winding ribs onto a cylinder using formulaic winding created in a spreadsheet (see also Hoop winding using spreadsheet formulae) This example shows the process of adding additional ribs for radial strength. The ribs, which are hoop wound, start with a wider width, but taper in and become narrower. This change in width is defined formulaically by a spreadsheet.
- CTV002 - Creating a mandrel in Cadfil Axsym (see also Overview of Mandrel & Envelope Creation and Editing of Mandrel and Envelope X, R Data) This example shows how the Cadfil mandrel editor can be used to create a complex axisymmetric mandrel surface.
- CTV003 - Creating a pressure vessel with endcaps (see also Vessel With Endcaps) This video is a fully worked example on creating a pressure vessel with endcaps, including defining the mandrel parametrically, creating a helical path and a hoop path, and creating a joining path between them.
- CTV004 - Creating a joining path (see also Joining Path Wizard) This example shows the creation of a joining path from the x- end of a cylinder and back to the x- end.
- CTV005 - Multi-pipe winding (see also Cadfil Pipewinder - Multi-pipe) This example shows the creation of a pipe defined parametrically, using the material properties database, with hoop and helically wound layers, using automatic joining paths between layers. Offset is also calculated using the constant "good length" calculations, then the multiple payout path is viewed.